Law Firm in DUBLIN Centre with WFH hybrid potential
Work as part of the Litigation Team, Reporting to the CLO. The role will primarily involve debt recovery proceedings, both secured and unsecured.
This job description is meant as a guideline to outline the key areas of responsibility related to the role of Solicitor within the litigation team. The duties and expectations outlined are not exhaustive and can change from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Appearing before the Dublin County Registrar to make applications;
• Appearing before the District, Circuit and High Court to make applications;
• Touch point for clients;
• Ensuring MI is up to date and reported to client as required;
• Ensuring client specific SLAs are met;
• Drafting proceedings;
• Drafting motions;
• Taking instructions from clients;
• Reviewing files to ascertain next steps;
• Giving advices to client in relation to their files and how they should proceed;
• Briefing counsel;
• Dealing with incoming correspondence from agents, solicitors, and defendants;
• Liaising with clients over court outcome and next steps;
• Contributing to departmental monthly target;
• Liaising with court services;
• Dealing with incoming telephone calls from agents, solicitors and defendants;
• Managing a high volume, fast moving workload;
Skills and Experience:
• Previous Repossession Experience a significant advantage;
• Previous experience in debt recovery also an advantage;
• Previous exposure to conveyancing also an advantage;
• Pro-active thinker and problem solver.
• Calm, professional and approachable manner.
• Excellent communicator.
• Can work on own initiative as well as being a strong Team player.
• Strong communication skills and a good phone manner.
• Attention to detail.
• Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel also an advantage.
Salary; will be commensurate on relevant experience
Legal Executive with Conveyancing Experience
Legal executive with experience working in distressed property sales (Receiver and Mortgage Sales) and in private client residential property sales and purchases.
The candidate will need to be familiar with residential conveyancing documents (Contract for Sale, Requisitions on Title, Declarations, Deeds, Undertakings, Loan Documents etc). She/he will need to have experience in liaising with Receiver’s and loan service provider offices, managing auction upload deadlines and dealing with the administration of closing out the sales and purchases of properties.
Candidate will need to be a great team player but also capable of working on his/her own initiative, used to a fast-paced working environment.
Will be working under the supervision and direction of experienced conveyancing solicitor.
A legal executive experienced in the enforcement of secured debt.
The role will entail;
– Drafting of Civil Bills for Possession together with grounds affidavits;
– Arranging for proceedings to be issued;
– Service of Proceedings;
– Liaising with and instruction local agents;
– Preparation of briefs for court;
– Drafting, filing and service of supplemental affidavits;
– Drafting and filing of ad hoc motions such as substitutions, sub-service, renewals;
– Liaising with the client and solicitor managers.
The successful candidate will have experience working as part of a team. Will have good attention to detail and be able to manage their own workload. The candidate will be able to work to tight deadlines. Attention to detail is key.
Experience in summary debt collection is also desirable.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO INFO@HUGHJWARDSOLICITORS.IE